Friday 12 December 2014

Inspirational People I Met Recently

A fully pregnant and fully smiling Afro-French woman walking through a busy street of Paris with a three-year old daughter on her one hand and a bag full of groceries on the other ...

The German guy in Berlin who found my Iphone 6 lying at a train station and called my husband to inform him that he had found it and I could pick it up from him ...

My father-in-law who realized the need to slow-down in life and connect with his loved ones after going through terrible pain as a result of a major surgery...



The Editor of the Women´s Magazine I write for, who truly gives expression to all voices that reach her ...without judgement, without question... her radical love for authenticity feels inspiring ... 

My mom who sends the entire family a Whats App balloon each morning, come rain, summer or snow.. She says daily contact makes her feel connected even though we are all so far away in physical distance from each other...


My mother-in-law who has embraced me with open arms and not just in words but with true action... she never lets me miss my mother when she is around... her openness, her acceptance feels inspiring...


The gentlemen I met briefly at a cocktail party at ESA who actually reached out to me later himself and connected me with his best friend in Paris so that I would know more people in the city... He is a senior officer in the European Commission ...

My closest guy friend who supports me like a rock with all my dreams and expects nothing in return... his genorosity of the heart feels inspiring ...


The Indian teenager who wrote to me about how being brown felt like a curse through her life until she read my article on being brown and saw a new way of being beautiful... She feels beautiful and stronger she said...and it will stay this way now ...


My sister who lives in New York but engages with every detail of my life as if she were my best friend living in Paris... she does it daily because she knows it is important ... Her care for our bond feels inspiring ...



My conversation with a stranger that left me feeling washed off with passion, confidence and connection... her vulnerability, her bid to go all out and hide nothing... felt inspiring ...

My husband who day after day, showers me with candlelight breakfast surprises, kisses, hugs and presents, in spite of working hard daily from 8am to 7pm at his workplace... his unconditional love for me feels inspiring... the man he is feels inspiring ...


And last but not the least, I feel inspired by me ...
I feel inspired by this journey I am on... I feel inspired by the woman I am and the woman I am going to be ..
I feel inspired by me because I know deep down, I have a uniqueness that must be expressed and lived, for it touches the lives of many I don´t know personally....




I feel soaked in inspiration. And if you observe closely, you don´t have to look far away to find it. It is close to you, in the people around you... within you...  if only you seek it.  

1 comment: