Wednesday 3 December 2014

What am I doing right now?

I´ve been trying to write you something the whole day today. In fact today I am even out of my bed (where I generally like to write from), and writing at a desk. The inspiration has been failing me since morning.

I´ve drunk two coffees, I´ve Facebooked, I´ve exchanged emails with a dear friend and sent my mom in India many Whats App messages on what an awesome mom she is and how much I love her. I´ve listened to an inspirational interview on entrepreneurship.
Half way through the day, and when I realized I wasn´t getting anywhere, I decided to go to the gym. My Procrastination Queen returned briefly to my head (if you don´t know her, she is the very strong lazy voice in my head who constantly tells me that anything you can do tomorrow, why are you doing it today?) but a call from my husband in the afternoon provided me the encouraging drop of motivation that squashed Proc-Queen. Yay!

Going to the gym made me feel fantastic. I ran my thoughts and gremlins out on the tread mill and gave myself a pat on the back for overcoming Proc-Queen. The sauna felt relaxing and by the time I got out, I was feeling light and weightless as a feather.


Writing is produced when one feels stirred. At least the kind of writing I like to do, straight from the heart, emotionally full writing. Right now, honestly, I am feeling so relaxed, that nothing comes to my mind. I feel blank. In a very good way. A bit like how silent a metropolitan city feels at night- quiet and still but you still know the bundle of energy it will be in the morning again.


So my dear readers, as much as I love you, tonight I am calling it quits on trying to produce anything and indulging in my own peace and stillness. See you soon though :* 

No comments:

Post a Comment